Tuesday 13 March 2012

Taking Chances

So I'm wide awake at 3am with so many things on my mind and so many things to write about. I figured this would be the best place to post my current ramblings ;)

So far, 2012 is looking to be an amazing year. I said I'd make changes and I did. I saw the year in by celebrating in the best way possible, and since then I've kept so positive that I can't even remember the last time I was genuinely unhappy. I decided to put myself and my happiness first this year (which to be honest I decide to try and do every year anyway) and so far so good! I also decided to take a leaf out of 17 year old Louise's book and give this whole 'saying yes to everything/taking chances' thing a go. The last time I did this was in 2007 and I recently read an old blog that I ran during this year and quite clearly it was one of the best years of my life. I had an amazing social life, I finally had the hang of dating boys (my god the stuff I got up to!) and just generally had fun. So that's what I'm doing again this year.

I celebrated NYE in Paris. I visited Sunderland again last month. I tried paintballing the weekend before last, and the week after next I'm starting snowboarding lessons. I've been out with old friends I haven't seen in ages and going out with new friends too. I've cut the ex pretty much completely out of my life (although he still continues to leave me anonymous blog comments?) and I'm dating again which is a lot of fun! I don't have a job yet but I am still looking. I've lost weight too, which I'm extremely pleased about and I've still got loads more of 2012 to look forward to. 

I'm really pleased at the way things are going right now. I know it won't be long until something comes along and fucks everything up BUT I've definitely learnt that life is what you make of it. By taking chances and saying yes to things you wouldn't normally, you open your life up to so many great opportunities. Pushing myself out of my comfort zone is definitely my 'thing' of 2012 and I've found that even if I don't have a great time (which so far I always have luckily), I'm still happy to have at least taken the chance to try it so it's a win-win situation. 

Here's to taking chances :)

No comments:

Post a Comment